3.21.2009

reasons to be pretty

If you live in the NYC area or will be here visiting and would like some culture that isn't music related I would like to recommend Neil LaBute's reasons to be pretty which is now playing at the Lyceum Theatre. Went with a friend and saw it Friday night. Very funny and well written. I was surprised because I have not previously enjoyed his work. The cast was fantastic and really kept the audience engaged.

This marks the third play I've seen Marin Ireland in (the others being The Beebo Brinker Chronicles and more recently Blasted) and I must admit that I never thought I'd have a favorite stage actress but can now say solidly that I do. She is excellent and has been in all of the roles I've seen her in. The entire cast was wonderful but Marin is the one to keep your eyes on.

No comments: