11.17.2008

Spoon

I generally try to give you something that maybe isn't just an album track. Whether that means a song from a 7" or a compilation or a radio broadcast... well, you get the picture. I don't always have something awesome like that but when I do I usually post it. Especially when a band is big and gets enough press/blog affection or whatnot. When somebody I know suggested a Spoon post I was reluctant to do it. Until I remembered that I have this track!
The Beast and Dragon, Adored
It's a re-recorded version and I like it better than the album version. Cleaner. It comes from a compilation. So, there you go.

The other song I decided to post is from their first full length record, Telephono, released way back in 1996 on Matador records. It got a re-release from Merge in 2006. I know that early Spoon gets panned but I don't mind when a band wears their influences on their sleeves. We're all inspired by something, right?
All The Negatives Have Been Destroyed

The kids went so crazy for Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga. I can't help but wonder what the next record will sound like.

No comments: